Applications for 2019 MEXT Research, Undergraduate, and Specialized Training Scholarships Now Open


The Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) offers scholarships to foreign nationals who wish to study in Japan. Scholarship applications are now available for Research Students, Undergraduate Students, and Specialized Training College Students.

U.S. citizens residing in Alaska who wish to apply for a MEXT scholarship must apply through the Consulate-General of Japan in Seattle. Applications must arrive at the Consulate-General of Japan in Seattle by Monday, June 4, 2018.

U.S. citizens residing in other states should apply through the Embassy or Consulate responsible for their state. Non-U.S. citizens should apply through the Embassy of Japan in their country of citizenship.

Application instructions and forms are available on the Consulate-General of Japan in Seattle's website. If you have any questions, please contact the Educational Affairs Specialist at or by phone at (206) 682-9107 ext. 134.