Study in Japan Scholarships


Since 1954, the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology in Japan (Monbukagakusho, or MEXT) has offered scholarships to international students. Eligible high school and undergraduate students may apply for scholarships to live and study in Japan.

U.S. citizens living in Alaska may apply for MEXT scholarships through the Consulate-General of Japan in Seattle. For more information about scholarships, please visit the Consulate-General of Japan in Seattle's website:

You may also contact the Seattle consulate at or call 206-682-9107, ext. 134.